OS Explorer, 1:25,000 Maps
- 19 – Howgill Fells & Upper Eden Valley
- 30 – Yorkshire Dales – Northern & Central areas
- 299 – Ripon & Boroughbridge
- 302 – Northallerton and Thirsk: Catterick and Bedale
- 304 – Darlingon & Richmond
Digital Maps can be viewed on a modern smartphone using an appropriate ‘app’, which is usually provided as part of any map purchase. Brigantes are happy to recommend ViewRanger for all your digital mapping and mobile navigation needs.
The ViewRanger Shop provides Ordnance Survey maps for all parts of the UK, as well as the National Trail and selected Long Distance Paths. Map segments can also be purchased ad-hoc, allowing you to cover any walk you plan to take.
The Swale Way website (www.swaleway.org.uk) has a series of PDF leaflets that can be downloaded free, which cover the walk.